TRBA Missions and Ministry

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A New Appreciation

These past few weeks have been a real learning experience for me. I have never been sick, so emergency surgery with the various restrictions and limitations has been helpful. I better understand some people and am more appreciative of their efforts to be involved with church and ministry. Ongoing health issues are, in fact, limiting to both the individual and family members (caregivers). Those of us in ministry should be more sensitive to that fact.

I have never bought into the statement that "people always do exactly what they want to do." This recovery time has reaffirmed that fact. My life has been limited. In no way are many of the things that I have had to do things I would ever want to do.

This morning I looked up at the clock, it was time to be in Sunday School and we are not yet ready to walk out the door. Did we sleep late? No, I had my prayer time and Bible study around 7 AM. Breakfast was like normal. We appeared to be getting ready on schedule. My body would not cooperate. A few extra steps had to be taken to ready ourselves physically to go to church. That slows down our getting ready to go to church. The church is having a world hunger emphasis today, and though we have the food collection ready, we have to get it to the car.

NOW - we are ready. Everything is in the car---Bibles are in hand---all meds have been taken---all medical apparatuses have been adjusted--and it is 10:15 AM. Our good intentions to go to Sunday School are out the door. Therefore, we ready ourselves to be at church in time for worship. IF all stays well, then we will be able to do just that. If any little thing goes a little wrong, it will impact that as well. Praise the Lord, all stayed OK and we were able to get to the worship service and ENJOY the worship experience with our church family.

For me, surgery this week should reverse what I have been going through these past few weeks. Hopefully I have learned enough to be more sensitive to those with various afflictions that strive to be faithful to the life and work of the church.

Thank you God for your hand being in all that has transpired.

May He Who Gives Us Life, Sustain Us As We Minister In His Name,
Dougald

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counters
Website Counters