TRBA Missions and Ministry

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Macs and Christianity

Recently I read a post on my son's blog -- his blogsite is meditationsonthelaw.wordpress.com. I thought it was pretty good and that I would share it with you - I think he hits the "nail on the head." We - as people who say we are burdened for those around us simply do very little to demonstrate that we really care. I think he writes pretty well--of course, I am his father.

"I have recently decided to join the throng in buying a Mac computer. I have been greatly impressed with what people have told me about the Mac and what I’ve seen the Mac do. Another thing that really impressed me was the customer service I received when I visited the Mac store two nights ago.

The girl that helped me talked with me for well over thirty minutes. She didn’t push the most expensive product down my throat. She didn’t try to convince me to buy accessories I didn’t need. The store was packed with people, yet she didn’t try and rush me at all. She wasn’t sure if she would make the sale (she didn’t), but she gave me her full attention. One thing that really impressed me was that she asked me a lot about my job, schooling and what exactly I was studying. She was trying to help me get the best computer for what I needed.

I know she’s trained to do this, but it was a refreshing experience. I do plan on looking for her when I do buy a Mac (hopefully later this week). But, the thing is when I walked out of the Apple Store I wondered, “Do we Christians invest even thirty minutes into someone’s life? Do we do it with such attention and care as she did?” It was just a thought that crossed my mind and challenged me. What do you think?"


As Baptists we are "trained to" do this - share Christ with those that are lost and minister in His name to the people around us in need. YET- unlike the young lady trying to sell him a new computer, we still do not take the time to "close the sell." When was the last time you took 30 minutes to get to know the people around you and offer them the hope for their lives that only Christ can bring? Perhaps we need to take a trip to the closest computer store for some motivation.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counters
Website Counters