TRBA Missions and Ministry

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Should Your Church Offer A Mentoring Ministry To Your Community?

Last night I attended a Mentor Meeting at Spring Hope Elementary. There I saw the heart of their principal, teachers, and guidance counselors for the children of their school. Over Christmas I had assisted the teachers help 27 families in that community experience a better Christmas. I am seeing people that really care!

They have invited the churches of the Spring Hope area to partner with them. Do you really HEAR what I am saying???? The churches are being invited in to minister to the needs of children and families. Something we should be doing any way. Linda and I discovered we have the time to help out. I plan to stop in at 8 AM one day a week and work with my "buddy" and pray earnestly throughout the week that my "sacrifice" will make an eternal difference!

Some might say, "how can he find the time?" Notice I placed "sacrifice" in quotation marks. If I take 30 minutes away from BoJangles a week - I may make a real difference to a child in my community. And you know what---I think I see a lot of people for TRBA churches in BoJangles solving the world's problems in conversations that could make an impact in solving the world's problems by touching the life of a precious child.

Therefore, I just encourage you to pray about becoming involved in mentoring in your community. If you do not live in Nash County, tghen I am confident you can talk to your local school. This is a way you can affect a young life for years to come, please pray about it and determine what can be done.
On a corporate level - as a church, consider what you can do to reach out to at risk kids. An idle van---some "bored teenagers" in your church youth group who need volunteer hours to graduate -- and a church with a heart to reach outside themselves to touch the lives of others --that's all that's needed to start a summer reading program one day a week (or something else that you feel led of God to do).

I believe God is calling us to DO SOMETHING to impact our communities for Christ. This may be a way for your church to do just that. AT least pray about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counters
Website Counters