TRBA Missions and Ministry

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Out Heart, Our Desire - To See The Nations Worship

The theme for this year’s Fall Meeting is Our Heart, Our Desire - To See The Nations Worship. The scripture emphasis is Philippians 2: 9 – 13.

9 Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name; 10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure.”

It is my prayer that this is TRULY our heart’s desire. That we are praying and working together toward that goal.

When I first saw the DVD with the song “Our Heart,” I was moved to tears. To see the plight of people without Christ as their personal Savior is pitiful, disheartening, hopeless, and displays nothing but despair in the life of the people. That’s what I saw in the first part of the DVD.

BUT then I began to see people around the world sharing the message of Christ with the various people groups that were represented in the first part of the DVD. And then – praise the Lord, I began to see people from those various people groups being baptized into the family of Christ and experiencing the joy in their lives that ONLY Christ can bring. Before that DVD was over, I was singing along and tears were flowing. It is my heart’s desire that the people of the world come to know Christ as their personal Savior. He is thier only hope!

I chose that theme for our meeting together in the Fall of 2006. I did it because it is my prayer that the member churches of the Tar River Baptist Association also have that desire. Locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally working TOGETHER to bring people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I was pleased with that similar theme was chosen for this year’s Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.

When TRBA gathers together at Bailey Baptist Church on Monday, October 30th. it is far more than our annual business meeting. It is our celebrating what the Lord Jesus Christ is doing in and through His church. It is also our rededicating ourselves to the task that is before us – reaching a lost world for Jesus Christ!

May our heart’s desire always be “to see the nations worship.” Moreover, may we continually commit to work together to reach those around us and around the world that are currently lost. Join me in praying daily that God will use us to accomplish His purpose. Pray that He will use us in the harvest that is needed all around us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counters
Website Counters